Thomson Trees Ltd is committed to reducing the impact of their undertakings upon the environment and has appointed and retained a competent advisor to assist them in meeting their obligations.
We use general industry guidance and knowledge, and best practises to help structure our activities and to help us to continually improve our environmental performance and reduce our environmental impact.
- We ensure that the policy of the organisation is documented and maintained to be appropriate to the size and nature of the environmental impacts of our activities and services
- We are committed to continual improvement and the prevention of pollution
- We are committed to complying with all applicable legal requirements and with other requirements which relate to our environmental aspects
- The management system provides a framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets
- This policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the company
- This policy is displayed within the organisation at all times and is available to all interested parties
In order to meet this commitment, Thomson Trees Ltd pursues the following objectives:
- To ensure compliance with all applicable environmental legislation and guidance
- Be prepared to deal with the demands of future legislative developments
- To ensure that harmful impacts are foreseen and controlled including the lifecycle (including disposal) of plant and equipment
- To reduce emissions
- To prevent pollution
- To improve waste management practices
- To reduce consumption of natural resources
- To minimise noise and other nuisances
- To continuously assess environmental performance
- To ensure that the working culture encourages constructive conservation
- To assist in the management of ecology
- To identify and safeguard wildlife
The necessary personnel and financial resources is allocated to assist the company in meeting its environmental objectives.
In addition, the company continues to raise the levels of environmental awareness throughout its workforce and to promote this awareness to its customers and suppliers.